Wednesday, March 30, 2016

"Reel" Life

I have always loved movies. A good movie inspires me to write. It would be impossible for me to narrow down on one movie that is my favorite, but I'd like to shed light on a lesser-known movie called "Take Me Home".
It was released in 2011 and directed and starring Sam Jaeger, available right now on Netflix. It's one of my favorite movies, but not number one. It's a romantic comedy and I can be picky when it comes to rom coms. This movie I would describe as "indie" and what makes this movie stand out is the soundtrack. There is a song they play by the Bootstraps that I absolutely love. All of the music is chill and creates the mood of the story perfectly.

I don't usually care for movies that are almost all action- take Mad Max for example. I really like good dialogue and chiller vibes. I'm moved by stories that get you to think, rather than sit there and watch a fight enfold. Inception is a great example of an action movie that also makes you think (if you didn't give the movie your full attention you would be lost) and it is one of my favorites.

I usually watch movies on Netflix. I like finding good movies that others may have overlooked or older movies that my mom loved when she was younger. I watch a lot more movies in the summer than during the school year, and I once went a month watching something new every night!

For a movie environment, I don't mind having company but I would rather watch it alone. If I am alone I won't be disturbed so my full attention will be on the movie and I won't refrain from showing emotions- I can let the tears flow if need be! if I am watching a movie with company, they can't be talking throughout the movie. I don't care what kind of me we're watching- I don't like being distracted when watching something. It's irritating and, in my opinion, rude to be talking through a movie. Of course, I have watched a movie with friends before souly for the purpose of making fun of it or having dialogue through out it. Popcorn is always a must- lightly buttered or no butter at all with a little salt. Sometimes I'll snack on cheese-its or make a smoothie, but I like to have a little something when I watch a movie.

The test I took told me that I am...
58% extroverted
75% agreeable
58% conscientious
67% emotionally stable and
100% open to new experiences.
I rated high on movies that allow you to escape from reality and movies that are artistic.

If my life was to be made in a movie, I would want Julianne Hough to star as me. I would want it to be an artistic, quirky, indie film with a killer soundtrack. I would hope they would use songs on my spotify playlist. It would have a happy ending and there would be some deep dialogue and I would hope that my life story would impact others.




No comments:

Post a Comment