Thursday, March 31, 2016

Dan in Real Life Questions


Can you know in three days that you love someone?
Soulmates?
Love- a feeling or ability?

I think it's silly to believe that you are in love with someone after three days of knowing them. Of course, everyone is different and I know that for me it takes a while to get to know people and to let other people get to know me. However, I think that love can be very deceiving and many things may lead you to believe that you are in love. "Love is an ability, not a feeling," but that ability still feels like something. Lust, desire, and passion can all feel similar to love.

I believe that love is something you choose. You have every ability to choose what you love and who you love. It is all up to your decision. You can choose to fall in love with anyone and anyone can choose to fall in love with you. You also choose to stop loving someone. Some times it is much easier to stop loving someone than it is to keep loving them. Your relationship with your significant other all depends on the both of you, at some point, making a conscious effort to love each other. Love may came unwillingly and unconsciously, as it should, but a relationship isn't made real until you reach a point when you make the decision to love your significant other. With that said, there are many people you can fall in love with and I don't believe that there is one perfect soulmate for everyone. Even if there is, there are over 7 billion people in the world and the chances of you finding that one person is 1 in 7,000,000,000- very slim.

Describe your perfect day.

My idea of a perfect day changes all the time but it always consists of spending some time on the road and visiting a place outside of Springfield and usually with a small group of friends.

At this specific moment, here is what my idea of a perfect day looks like: I am living in my own house with a roommate (preferably Claire Edelen). We have two pet cats and two large dogs from the animal shelter (some sort of German Shepherd, Lab, or Golden Retriever). I have the whole day free to do whatever I want. There are sparse clouds in the sky, the sun is bright, it's 80 degrees, 0 humidity, and a slight cool breeze. I take the hood and doors off of my black jeep wrangler and load up my two dogs and Claire. We drive to Arkansas to get to the Whitaker point trail. The road trip consists of good tunes, a coca-cola ICEE, Sprees, and a lunch break at a cute diner in Arkansas.
We hike the trail to Whitaker point and have a picnic on the bluff. Beautiful pictures are taken, exploration and adventure is had. We set up a tent and hammocks and start a fire at night. When it is darker, we put out the fire to look at the stars then either fall asleep in our hammocks or in the tent.

Do you think asking questions makes you a good conversationalist?

When talking to someone, it's important to make eye contact, visually respond to what they are saying, and be genuinely interested in what they are saying. Sometimes asking questions is what you should do and in many cases it does help the conversation to continue and increase in depth. However, there are times when no words need to be exchanged- silence is the perfect sound to fill the space. I am a strong advocate of silence and believe that it should be treasured. I think that comfortable silence is a sign that your friendship or relationship has matured. I have mentioned my post about silence in my other blog before, but feel free to check it out here if you would like!

No comments:

Post a Comment