Monday, February 29, 2016

Writers as Readers

3. Talking about bad events can in some cases make the matter worse, but in other cases may help. I know that whenever there is drama going on with my friends at school, the problem is almost always made worse when I talk about it to other people, particularly because it can easily turn into gossip. Chances are, the friend you are upset with will hear from the grape vine that you were talking to someone else about how you were upset. However, there have been more times when a situation is better after I talk to someone about it. For example, if there are problems at home or if I am fighting with a parent, when I share with a close friend or sibling, it helps to vent and clear my mind.

4. I agree with Maya Angelou that dreams tell the truth about us. They may be disguised or hidden, but there is always truth in a dream. Your dreams all take place when you are unconscious and you don't have control over them and therefor have the potential to express your true self. When I was little I had reoccurring dreams about a beast. The night mare ended when the wolf found me and jumped out and always ended with a loud bang. What was scariest was the tension throughout the whole dream that didn't end until the loud bang that shocked me awake. In real life, I fear tension and instability- being on edge and waiting for something that I know will be bad.

5. I have always been a fan of silence. I have written an entire blog post on my other blog just about the value of silence. I can be loud and talkative but I can also be very quiet. I feel that I more often than not lean toward introversion and am a little shy. However, once I get to know someone or a group of people I can break out of my shell and be energetic and bubbly.

6. I absolutely love other languages and other cultures. I wish I had the time, dedication, and discipline to learn another language. It saddens me that there are millions of people that I can't hold a conversation with because of language barriers. I have recently been listening to the French artist Stromae. Even though I don't know what he is saying, I can understand what he means.

9. To occupy my "small mind" when writing or before I write, I like to play with playdoh- just kneading it in my palm. I also doddle- A LOT. My papers are full of doodle and scribbles. My biggest distraction when getting something done is social media- including Pinterest and Neko Atsume.

No comments:

Post a Comment